Manage Dashboard Spaces
- 1 Minute To Read
The Manage Dashboard Spaces page gives Admin users an overview of the system's dashboard spaces, and the ability to create, update, delete and re-order each space.
The page is comprised of a list of all system dashboards ordered by the following logic:
The two default dashboard spaces: My Dashboard and Axonius Dashboard are always the first and cannot be re-ordered.
The next are all Custom added spaces.
For each space the following details are displayed:
- Space Name - Clicking on it will re-direct the you to the selected space.
- Space Access - The Space access definition:
- Private - My Dashboard
- Public - When no roles were assigned to the space.
- Restricted - When roles are assigned to the space.
- Assigned Roles - When the access level is restricted, the list of assigned roles will be presented.
Space Management Options
- The spaces order is defined top to bottom. Any custom space can be re-ordered by simply dragging it to the new position.
- The two default spaces cannot be re-ordered.
- Once the space is dropped at the new position the change is applied immediately and a toast is presented "Spaces order updated".
Create a new space
- Click Add Space to open the Add Space dialog where you can:
- Name the space. It is recommended to give a unique name to each space.
- Set Space access permissions. By default, all custom spaces have Public access as described in Working with Dashboard Spaces. It is possible to select only specific Roles which will have access to this space.
Users with the Admin role will always have access to all spaces.
Edit And Delete
- Space Menu - Each space has a menu icon :
Click it to open the menu with the following options:
- Delete - Choose this to delete the current space. You can only delete custom dashboard spaces.
- Edit - Choose this to open the Edit space dialog where you can:
- Rename the space. It is recommended to give a unique name to each space.
- Edit Space access permissions. By default, all custom spaces have Public access as described in the table above. It is possible to select only specific Roles which will have access to this space.